Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Money Makes You Right

Doctor Hand

courtesy of Truthout.org

While reading a classmate's blog- the point was made that people often put blame on others instead of admitting their own wrong. I got to thinking, no one is above this phenomenon. The anniversary of my big "mishap" was Valentine's Day... it has been six years since a man put the blame on something other than himsef. Not that I expect some people to be perfect just because of their mistakes no matter who they are.

To make a long story short and sweet, my doctor at a local hospital misdiagnoed me quite a few times and then managed to almost let me die of Septic Shock while a nursing student called me out on having the symptoms of this within seeing me only for five minutes (I had been going to appointments with this doctor for months). After all was and done and I had received proper care at another facility- all I expected was for the the man to own up to what was said. Instead of an apology he blames other factors saying the charts were not up to date or that no one could have for-seen this (when the nursing student indeed had).

Lawyers were brought in because in because they always are, you and I both know what. They try to use big words and fancy phrases to smooth over the matter completely forgetting to acknowledge the fact that I am a person and could have died from his "mishap." But I guess as long as you have enough fancy hospitals and expensive lawyers and numerous other companies behind you, you do not have to face the things you have done. My personal experience and many political leaders have showed me that.

...As long as you have money and someone lesser than you to blame, you have never done anything wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment